Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Beggars can't be Choosers

So, I started my work at IPSOS Business Consulting department today where my job includes making calls to various companies in the search of potential partners for our clients. Initially, I thought it would be fun and fine as I wouldn't have problems talking on the phone. But the more phone calls I made and the more uninterested responses I got from those companies, I got demotivated. I thought to myself, talking on the phone using the LAN line makes my ear hurts, and the other parties couldn't hear me well at times perhaps I wasn't speaking too loud as I was in the office with so many people around. Yes, I got even more demotivated. I was asking myself. What am I doing? Perhaps I should find a better job which would provide me with more comfort and easier tasks. However, I thought back to myself. I asked myself, why did I choose to work in the first place? Why did I choose to undergo this kind of working life when I am still a student. Then, the scene where my uncle was telling me about how hard he had to work and studied when he was studying in Newcastle. He even told me that he worked more than he studied. Then, I realized that the main reason why I am doing this is to experience the life of a student in the past. I am aware that no matter how hard I work in this era while studying, that I am still a lucky girl who is blessed to undertake my degree without worrying to making enough money to support my own education. I pondered, the work that I have now would never be as hard as what my uncle has been through. That he used to take more than one job while studying. Money that I earned at the end of the day is the main reward that I yearn for. But at the same time, in the end of my work and study life, I would learn to appreciate the good life I have now even more than before. And that buying everything nice and supposedly must-haves wouldn't be as happy as when you have saved enough for those rainy days in life and spend the excess with your own hard-earned money.

Beggars can't be choosers. When you are given your first job, when it gets sucks, suck it up.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...