Sunday, March 6, 2016

My new place at SS 21, Damansara Utama

It has been three weeks since I moved into my new rented place. Hence, there are a few things which I would like to share about my new cubicle.

What I like about this place is that it is just a stone's throw away from my workplace which enables me to walk to and fro work. Mornings have been nice to me thus far but there were two evenings where I came home with soaked shoes thanks to the heavy downpour. Besides, this place is quite clean compared to other houses which I have viewed. My top priority is undoubtedly cleanliness. It has some basic fittings so I need not spend on getting myself a mattress. House mates are nice and they are all ladies with four of us working in uptown except for one in Merchant square. With RM430 a month which include utility, I bet this is rather a good deal in PJ prime area. However, this room of mine doesn't come with air conditioner. Since my room is partitioned plus the only window I have is facing the staircase, I do not have the privilege of opening the window to savour fresh air. And it gets pretty hot when my neighbours do not turn on the air cond. Such scenario when I just shifted in during CNY week when I was home alone. So hot I couldn't sleep well.

I didn't like it that I can't cook over here as there is no proper kitchen here. It is just like a pantry in offices. How come, you may ask? For your information, 5 of us are all staying upstairs. We have no access to the entire area downstairs as it is partitioned for the usage of the owner only I suppose but she is in Korea so I have no idea why would she do that. Additionally, there is no water filter. So the only solution was to bring home water from work with empty bottles. I make sure I have enough supply when the weekend approach. Thanks to One Utama for free water dispenser, too. Besides, I feel like I am staying in a hostel as no visitor is allowed else we will be fined RM100. I needed a room so I just agree to it. Minimum 6 months tenancy by the way. Earlier I could shift out will be end of July. Shall see how it goes.

All in all, it is quite a nice place to stay. If only Malaysia temperature is lower then it would all be perfect. What happened to the news about lower temperature in Malaysia? False hope it was.

PS Cockroach appeared in my room today. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...