Sunday, September 1, 2013

No shopping for a month

I survived August with no shopping at all. When I said shopping, I meant no purchase of any fashion-related products eg. apparels, bags, accessories, and footwear. I think these are my major weakness as compared to food. However, I can't take off expenses on slightly above average food ie. above RM10 per meal. I guess food are my better friends than fashion stuffs. I can't live without better-than-average food. Sometimes, I would just have hawker food but those do not come cheap in KL. Ikan bakar is a hawker food but it could cost up to RM17 per fish while chicken and char siew would cost up to RM16. Being a person who often skip the carb and just munch on protein, that's the price that I have to pay for. Well, unless they sell brown rice, I would never take white rice whenever I am out. Oh well, there is an exception for nasi lemak though. Teehee.

I have always wanted to get a pair of better ballerina flats or loafer but I am thankful that I didn't end up buying whenever I was at Jelly Bunny and even though they have massive sales of up to 70%. And I have always been thinking of Sketchers and Birkenstock. Tried some and liked them but well, so long as I can live without any, I will not make any purchase.

Therefore, for the month of September, I hope to cut out desserts eg. cakes, ice-cream, popcorns, mochi, durian puffs and drinks eg chatime, starbucks. But I would probably savour a piece of cake for once as the boyfriend's birthday is in the month of September. Yay! Besides, I have been having salmon and seaweed once a month in July and August after coming back from Australia. Hence, I would now put it to a stop as seaweed and salmon don't come cheap as they are well-known for their nutritional value. So, I would be having sweet potatoes, brocolli, eggplant, eggs, and chicken breast for lunch most of the days as well as dinner unless I am having dinner with the boyfriend. Having the best of both world!

Wishing myself a good month ahead with all the assignments, presentation, and midterm coming up!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...